Tell el-'Ajjul (aka Tell Sharuhen; Ancient Gaza) is a Bronze Age site in Southern Palestine at the mouth of the Ghazzah Wadi just south of the town of Gaza1.
Tell el-'Ajjul was excavated 1930-1934 by a British team led by Sir Flinders Petrie. The earliest remains at Tell el-'Ajjul date from ~2100 BC, with the site reaching its zenith during the Middle Bronze Age (~2300-1550 BC) and especially during a period of likely Hyksos rule during the 17th and 16th centuries BC.
Dating to the period of likely Hyksos rule are remains of a "Hyksos-style fosse (defense ditch), portions of several private dwellings, and a large building covering an area of about a half an acre. If, as seems probable, the building is to be identified as a palace, it is the largest palace of that period yet discovered in Palestine. The palace was succeeded by four other large buildings, the last of which probably dated from about 1200 BC." 1
Falcon earring (E.13.1948) of gold sheet, wire and granulation; crescent-shaped earring (E.12.1948) of gold sheet, wire and granulation; and tapered hoop earring (E.15.1948) of gold with granules. All date to the 14th-12th centuries BC. Gift of British School of Archaeology to Fitzwilliam. Image by L. M. Clancy.
Britannica Online. link